Sunday, April 5, 2009

Decorating Easter Eggs



Today was a beautiful spring day and we decorated Easter eggs with my sister RY. We used a Hello Kitty decorating kit Baby C got from her friend TM. We never got around to decorating eggs last year, so I am glad we got some use out of it!

Daddy J assembled the dyes for us and we moved the operation to the deck with plenty of newspaper coverage. Baby C did not make too much of a mess, but managed to crack a couple eggs. Honestly I do not remember the last time I dyed eggs...if ever!...maybe at school when I was little? Anyways, this is all pretty new to me, I love (re)living my childhood through my little girls' eyes!

We used crayon to draw on the eggs before dipping them in the color so the designs stand out....and then used the Hello Kitty sticker in the kit to further jazz them up. Next time, I will do a bit more research to make more fancy ones!

Here are some pictures of our little egg adventure:

Baby C is wearing a Bumkins toddler bib as her smock. Works pretty well, but I think I need to upgrade to an apron soon so it will be longer and have more coverage.

Check out the jasmine that's blooming around the BBQ. Press your nose to the screen...it smells divine! =)

Baby C is holding RY's arm, telling her to "be careful"...because I just finish telling Baby C to be careful cuz she just cracked 2 eggs. *sigh*

Look at RY's cool design on her egg!

No comments:

Post a Comment