Friday, April 24, 2009

Amish Friendship Bread


Earlier this week, my friend MS gave me this bag of mush and instructions for Amish Friendship Bread. I've never done this before but heard the bread turns out great. The mush is suspect and the instructions are weird...Day 2-5 = "Mush the bag", then you add some ingredients and then mush some more until Day 10, when you add more ingredients, mix, scoop out some batter to give to your friends (like a bread batter friendship chain letter of sorts, HAH!), and then bake the rest into a well-deserved (after 10 days of "work"!) delicious bread.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes. I am excited (and hopeful) to see how this turns out!

ETA: 4/28 - Added 1 cup each of milk, flour and sugar, and mushed the bag some more...kinda nervous about leaving milk out on the counter for 4 more days...although I guess it already had milk in the original mix...

No comments:

Post a Comment