Saturday, April 18, 2009

Busy Saturday!

Today was a busy day filled with friends and family in San Francisco. It was a gorgeous day in the city...so nice that I felt a twinge of "city-envy" and wanted to move back! =)

We started our day at Recess Urban Recreation for a 1st birthday party for KS. The place is in Potrero Hill and was pretty cool! It truly was "urban recreation". Plenty of room for the kiddies to roam and explore. They even have a "cafe" for snacks, etc. My friends rented out the whole place for the party. It was a great venue, laid-back and fun at the same time! Here is a picture of the birthday girl KS along with Mama AS, and Baby C of course!

After the birthday party, I got a little "me" time at the Westfield Mall. I met up with some girlfriends from elementary school. We try to get together a couple times a year, usually lunch, but this time, only a quick snacky get-together. It's really tough getting together these days because of schedules, etc, but today, the stars were all aligned and we all made it out for a quick get-together. We shared a strawberries and cream crepe (ok, I ate most of it), and some Beard Papa's cream puffs. I also had a Thai iced tea....so yummy! Too bad I could not stay for very long, Baby B was super grouchy that day and I had to rush back cuz I was worried she was screaming her head off the whole time I was gone. (she didn't, maybe only half the time...*sigh*)

We had dinner with my in laws at Penang Garden Restaurant. I was surprised my inlaws chose this place because they usually only like to eat Chinese food, especially in Chinatown. This place serves Singapore, Malaysian, and Thai cuisines. We order 9 dishes and about half of them were decent and I would reorder, the other half, were...EH. Overall, the restaurant was decent.


Whew...I am stuffed! =P

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a busy day, but sounds like you had a great time. Penang Garden is just down the hill from where our old home church is located. I think I've only been there once when it was first opened.

    I don't think I'll ever move back to SF. It's hard enough to want to go and visit. We'll see if I'll miss it more in the future...it's only been a year.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete