Friday, April 24, 2009

The Challenges of Juggling Two



Ok, today was a particularly challenging day juggling two kiddies. I can deal with one screaming at a time, but when both of them are melting down, it makes my head spin sometimes.

Today the toddler meltdowns included trivial things like: jacket hanging on the stair rail vs on the floor, mommy getting her hair clip from downstairs vs doing it herself, necking itching in the car (um hello, go scratch it!), wanting a dropped shoe in the car, wanting her milk while I am driving and can't reach it, NOW. All these little incidents seemed to trigger arms-and-legs-flailing-head-tossing-snotty-teary-screaming-tantrums. I don't know what Baby C's deal was today!?

Of course to top that off, I was super tired because Baby B woke up at 3am, plus throughout the Baby C tantrums, Baby B was also melting down because she was tired and crankly. She is a "relentless cryer" in the car and does not give up easily...so you can imagine the decibel level with both of them screaming.

For now, Baby B's needs are pretty basic, eat, sleep, poop, but can be physically taxing. On the other hand, Baby C's needs are more mentally challenging and can be a major power struggle sometimes. The question is, when both of them are screaming and need my attention, which one do I address first?!

Anyhoo, somehow I survived the morning and early afternoon of screaming...now, I need to go scream!

2 comments:

  1. Scream for ICE CREAM. Nothing a scoop or two of ice cream cannot fix!

    To answer your question, I shall pass on what my friend offered once. She has two kids of her own and said when both kids cry, she tends to the older one first because the older one has a bigger chance of remembering the ordeal than the younger. I have no experience so all I'm can offer is someone else's opinion.

    Good luck for the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the insight Googi. Your friend is probably right. =)

    And yes, I will definitely be having some major ice cream tonight! I've been inhaling my batch of rice krispie treats all day long. Call me a stress eater!

    ReplyDelete