Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009


Happy Halloween everyone!

As usual, I had two costumes ready, a warm weather one (49ers cheerleaders) and a cold weather one (giraffes). We actually had a couple of parties and events to go to and got pretty good use out of both costumes, although it was warm most of October.

This was Baby B's first Halloween, and this might be the last time I get to choose her outfit, since she'll be almost 2 by the time the next Halloween rolls around. I got to choose Baby C's costumes the last two years since she has a July birthday. This year, she wanted to be a giraffe (her favorite animal), and I got to choose the cheerleader outfit. I never got to dress up and go trick-or-treating growing up, so every year, I just wing it, and try to make this "holiday" special for the kids.

Here are some pictures from the pumpkin carving session. Daddy J did a great job on carving a "kitty" pumpkin.

"I don't want to dig in the pumpkin Daddy."

Daddy J concentrating very hard on the pumpkin design.

She finally gets her hands dirty...a little.

MEOW!

We went TOT-ing at the local shopping area, it was packed!

The giraffe costumes were semi-DIY. I bought the sweatsuits, and costume "kits" came from this lady on www.etsy.com. The kits included the brown patches, antlers, ears, and tails. The felt patches were stick-on (although I will whip stitch them before dumping them in the washer/ dryer), and I had to sew the rest of the pieces on myself. This was quite a feat since I do not know how to sew...I was quite proud of myself, even though the sewing was pretty rudimentary. The end result was "ok" IMHO. I think it's hard to convey a giraffe because of all the signature spots that identify the animal. But at least I knew they were comfortable...although the weather was a bit warm. They were mistaken for cows a couple times, and if they don't have their hoods on, they kinda look like skeletons to me , which was ok too I guess.

Who knew giraffe's could scream? LOL


Baby C's preschool had a Halloween parade and a potluck. I made "apple smiles"! Basically, two slices of apples, nutella/peanut butter, and mini marshmallows...simple, semi-nutritious, and yummy! They were a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment