Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Wonderful Sunday Afternoon

What a great Sunday afternoon in the city. First I had tea time with some mommy friends at the Crown & Crumpet Tea Salon. My friend GH organized this cool girls outing and we had such a wonderful time. There is just something so decadent about cute little sandwiches with the crusts cut off. Plus everything is bite size and super cute! It was nice to spend some time away from the kiddies, although we did of course talk about our kids (at least part of the time)!


My friend VB and I shared "tea for two". I had a pot of yummy "Fancy Jasmine" green tea. Here is a picture of our tower of yumminess!


After wards we stopped by Kara's Cupcakes for some cupcakes to go and then walked around the wharf a bit.

It was great to walk around because its been soooo long since I've been in the Ghiradelli Square/Fisherman's Wharf area. I used to hang out there all the time with my friend EW back in the middle school days. We used to even take the cable car home from school. Ahh...the good ol' days!

While I was enjoying some "girl time", Daddy J took the kids and visited his parents and had lunch in Chinatown. Afterwards, he came to pick me up and we decided to walk around the wharf a bit. We walked down Hyde Street Pier and along the wharf a bit.

We didn't get to ride the cable car this time, but next time for sure!

Walking around the Hyde Street Pier and looking at the ships docked there.

Alcatraz in the background - kinda.

It takes a real man to wear a baby!

"Pirate Ship!"


"Look! A Beach!"

And of course, what's a trip to Fisherman's Wharf without a stop for Ghiradelli chocolate ice cream? In spite of all the napkins, she still managed to get ice cream on her dress AND car seat! SIGH.

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to spend your Sunday! I'm sure you got the last of the warm sun for the year. It got freezing at night.

    ReplyDelete