Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!


Happy Fourth of July!

Our fourth started with a BANG...or rather a BUMP...on Baby B's head! She was sitting on the bathroom floor this morning while I was getting ready and then I heard a loud BONK! She was reaching for something, toppled over, and bonked her left forehead. I was afraid it would turn into an "egg", but it was pretty tame, just a little swollen and bruised. I applied a cool washcloth to it as much as I could. Luckily her bangs covered the battle scar. By the evening, it was just a bruise (see picture below). Ah, a milestone - Baby B's first injury!

Our morning was also interrupted by an ant attack in our kitchen. It just ain't summer without a few ant episodes in our house...ACK! Of course we ALWAYS seem to get out ant attacks on a Saturday mornings, so I always have to wait until like Monday or Tuesday to get an appointment with the Orkin guy. We've had a contract with them for many years, yet we get ants every summer...I am beginning to lose faith in them...or is it just normal? *SIGH*

This year we did not hit up any festivals/fairs/events, but just had a chill day. We went out to SF to have dim sum with the in laws and hang out a bit.

As you can see, Baby B was not phased by her morning bump on the head.

After the kiddies napped on the way home, Baby C and I baked some holiday cupcakes. A bit on the sweet side, but fun nonetheless!

Oh, and in the afternoon, I got a call from my friend SM, who had her baby boy today! How patriotic of them! *wink* She was on bed rest for like 10 days until she reached 36 weeks, and one week later, Baby WM decided to make his debut on the Fourth of July! Funny because big brother TM's 3rd birthday is tomorrow! I guess the July Fourth holiday will always be doubly special for them! Welcome Baby WM!

No comments:

Post a Comment