Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby C!


I cannot believe my Baby C is THREE! I guess at some point, I will have to stop calling her "Baby" C… but she will always be my baby.

When I think back over the past year, the things that really stick out in my mind are her language and comprehension skills and how much she has advanced in such a short period of time. Her language has really kicked into high gear and her level of comprehension has just been amazing. We are constantly amazed at the full sentences she produces, and with such "adult-like" emotions/mannerisms.

Here are some recent random tidbits:

• She cracked her fortune cookie open and said, "Look Mommy! A fortune! It says, 'Happy Birthday C!'"...it didn't really, but how funny she would make that up!
• She went to the bathroom and saw that the toilet seat cover was down, turned to Daddy J and said "What the hell?!”
• She looked up, must’ve seen a fly, and said, “Uncle Calvin doesn’t like bugs.” So random, but I guess he had told her that at some point… amazing what info they can tuck away.

Now, Daddy J and I have to be SUPER careful about the things we say in front of her. It’s also amazing to hear her having “toddler” conversations with her little friends. It’s interesting to hear their perspective on new concepts like sharing, working together, or just resolving toddler conflicts. I’m sure Baby C’s language skills will continue to grow and develop but the last 12 months have truly been amazing.

For her birthday celebration on Saturday, we had a Handy Manny birthday party for Baby C over the weekend, I'll blog about that separately since we took like 400 photos, and I need some time to sort them. Dang that SLR paparazzi camera! =)

Today, we went to Sulphur Creek for a children’s class this morning and went on a nature hike. It was fun, but rather nerve-wracking since Baby C was the youngest and the trail was narrow and steep at times...plus I had Baby B sleeping in the Bjorn!

Anyhoo, happy birthday to my not-so-Baby anymore -C...!

No comments:

Post a Comment