Friday, July 3, 2009

Full Friday

Ahh...the beginning of a long weekend!

Today we (Baby B and I) slept in a bit, then my cousin stopped by in the AM to drop off a cool walker/bouncer thingy for Baby B. her son ZR had already outgrown it. We never had a walker for Baby C, but isn't it cute?!? Baby B seemed to like the newfound mobility...she is quickly learning how to move forward, backwards, and sideways.

Then we headed out to grab lunch and run some errands. First we checked out this Korean BBQ place in Dublin called Tri Valley Korean Restaurant BBQ. We've driven by it a couple times but never tried it. Looks like it did not get great ratings on Yelp, but we thought it was decent. Dishes/sidedishes are smaller than our usual Korea House in Hayward, but the service and food was good. Clean and kid friendly (although the place was pretty empty). Daddy J had a short ribs "box" lunch, and I ordered dolsot bibimbap.


After lunch, we stopped by Dough Boy's Donuts for some treats. Baby C chose the biggest chocolate covered doughnut she could find (a twist), and later had it for dinner (basically). We'll have to go back next time and try their crepes.



Then we went to Armstrong Nursery to look at adding some color to our front and back yards. After speaking to the lady their, we realized we have much planning and research to do. We usually just randomly buy plants/flowers and have about a 50% survival rate. the lady at the nursery encouraged us to do a bit of planning to save some money and to look at the big picture. She had a point. I guess that is the difference between going to a real nursery vs just a Home Depot/Lowe's, etc...you may pay more, but you get better service/advice at a real nursery. Anyhoo, hopefully I'll be posting before and after photos soon. I really want the front yard to look nice for Baby C's upcoming birthday party...

After a fruitless trip to the nursery, we hit up a local AT&T and Sprint store to check out some new phones/plans for me. I am looking to replace my Iphone and have my eye on the new Palm Pre, but I would have to switch cell companies...more to come on that.

To end our errand run, we stopped by Yogurtland in San Ramon for some yums. Flavors I tried today: strawberry, green tea, and cheesecake. Toppings: strawberries, blueberries, mangoes, and mochi. Just load up your cup with yogurt and toppings of your choice and you pay by weight!


Sooo...quite a productive day I must say...Now let the REAL weekend begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment