Monday, May 11, 2009

Sleepless Nights!


I am so behind on my blogging because I have been running on minimal sleep for the past 2+ weeks. Baby B thinks it is funny to wake up as soon as Mommy's head hits the pillow and proceed to give me a hard time into the wee hours. OK, maybe I am a little at fault too, I am a night owl (because those are the only hours I get to myself, so I sacrifice sleep).

When she wakes in the wee hours, I try not to bring Baby B into our bed, but honestly it's the easiest, and in my opinion, much safer than me rocking/nursing her in the glider while nodding off...it is SO hard to stay awake!!!

I want to let her cry it out and let her learn to soothe herself, but I am afraid that her screaming will wake up Baby C across the hall (light sleeper). With Baby C, I did not have this problem because the only other people in the house were me and Daddy J, and I was always hovering the baby monitor anyways and Daddy J can sleep through a hurricane.

I guess things are always different the second time around. =) Wish me luck that this is only a passing phase. With an active toddler running around, it's nearly impossible to sleep in, so I am not able to catch up on my ZZZ's.

Here is a recent picture of Baby B, even though I am running on fumes because of her, how can you be mad at a face like that?!

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean...and I haven't even had the 2nd one yet.

    Cute photo! You can't stay mad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you cannot be mad at an adorable face like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I might be a heavy sleeper but I'm pretty sure I'd wake up if there was a hurricane in the bay area!

    ReplyDelete