Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Baby B's Six Month Well Check Appointment


I can't believe Baby B is six months already! It's so crazy how quickly time flies!

Here are her stats, looks like she is in the 70's percentile all the way around:

17 lbs (71%)
16.5 inches tall (77%)
43.2 cm head circumference (72%)

We recently started her on some solid foods: carrot, butternut squash, etc. We are also getting her started on sippy cups. I bought all new sippies for Baby B because of the whole BPA in plastics thing. I am hoping she will take the sippy well (since she never took a bottle) so that I can perhaps be away from her for more than 1+ hours at a time.

Baby B can roll from front to back, but not the other way around. It's probably because I just don't give her enough practice time...bad mommy! Heh. She is also working on sitting on her own. Still wobbly, but getting there!

She is babbling a lot, sometimes squealing in excitement (of course not always at appropriate times), She definitely recognizes faces, and has her "preferences". She is a drooly monster, we soak through quite a number of bibs each day (annoying!). No teeth yet, but I am sure they are on their way!

Baby B's sleep schedule has been all discombobulated the past 3-4 weeks, which has left me a frazzled zombie. It's been frustrating because I KNOW she can sleep through the night, because she's done it before, but now, all of a sudden, she decides to wake every 3-4 hours around the clock. She's not a paci kinda kid either, so that leaves me, the human soother. Oh wells, I hope this is just a passing phase. More updates to come!

3 comments:

  1. Dang, she's fat. Wonder who she gets that frm. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Def YOUR side of the family! =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol on the comments. =p

    Melody never took to the bottle either. It was too much of a challenge to get her to drink from it, so I think we're skipping it with Emily. We'll see...

    We were bad about doing the tummy times too. haha

    I wish I can see the screen better, but I'm sure B is cute as always.

    ReplyDelete