Thursday, October 22, 2009

Troublemaker-in-Training

Over the last couple weeks, Baby B has really come into her own and quickly establishing herself as "troublemaker-in-training". She is definitely following in her sister's footsteps. We've since had to bust out the childproofing gear once again and Baby B just giggles in excitement because its just another new thing for her to fiddle with.

She also had a cool language breakthrough the other day. After a challenging trip at Safeway, Baby B was "helping" me unload the groceries when she grabbed the bananas and repeatedly said "Nana, nana, nana!" I finallly figured out she was saying "banana" and she was relentless until I sat her down in her highchair and peeled a banana for her. She then happily and quietly devoured about a quarter of the banana. In that moment, I realized why she was so fussy at the supermarket...I THINK she just wanted a banana to chew on! It was one of the first items I put in my cart. Go figure!

Baby B is pretty proficient at crawling, cruising, yelling at what she wants, and has a serious curiosity streak. Which is all pretty normal at this stage, but when it's your second child, you almost DREAD them becoming mobile (read: two mobile kids, running in opposite directions)...at least that's how I feel. With Baby C, I distinctly remember things getting simultaneously easier AND harder after age one and becoming mobile. The newfound freedom is exilarating for the young toddlers, which means you have to watch them like a hawk. Their language skills are developing, but it can be quite frustrating (for everyone) when they are so vocal, yet have trouble conveying their needs. I know every child is different, and I look forward to getting to know our little Baby B.

Anyways, one thing is for sure, we've got lots of cool adventures ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment