Monday, June 29, 2009

Bargain Grocery Shopping


I heard about the Grocery Outlet through my mother's club. They had just opened one nearby on the border of Castro Valley and Hayward. Baby C was feeling under the weather earlier today, so I decided to skip Cull Canyon with friends and run some boring errands just to get out of the house. i had a list of groceries I needed and found about 90% of my list there, plus a bunch of other stuff I really did not need (like a 175 water bomb balloons for $2.99 and a box of Kellogg's High School Musical cereal for $1), but it was cheap, so I stimulated the economy a bit! LOL! =)

The store was clean, they had most of what a typical grocery store would have, but a more limited selection, like frozen stuff, dairy, wine, fruits, vegetables, etc, PLUS some unique items too. I guess the key is to check expiration dates and you can find some real bargains there. It's not a one-stop grocery (at least for me), but I will definitely be back to bargain hunt! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment