Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Baby C's First Full Day of Preschool


Today started out the typical preschool day for Baby C. Daddy J dropped her off (8:30am), I picked her up (12:30pm). BUT this time at pick up, Baby C refused to go home with me! She wanted to stay and take a nap!

When I pick her up at 12:30pm, all the kids are winding down and getting ready for naptime. She has been snuggling up in a cot the past couple times I've picked her up, but she always ultimately put her shoes on and walked out with me (or carried out by me because she was so "sleepy"). This is surprising because she has not taken a nap at home in like...forever. The best I can hope for these days is some "quiet" time in her room. I guess it is peer pressure?

At first, I was kinda sad that she'd rather stay at school that to hang out with her uber cool mom, but after some thought, I got over it. I am very proud of her independent spirit. At least I know that I am not toturing her by "making" her go to preschool! Also, it gives me peace of mind that she REALLY enjoys her preschool days (twice a week), and she is having fun learning and playing.

So at pick up, we scribbled a supplemental check to the preschool to bump her up to 2 full days week! Wish us luck that this enthusiasm keeps up! My little girl is growing up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment