Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Baby Shower


On Sunday, I attended a baby shower for my friend SM. It was actually my first time being away from Baby B for that long. I ultimately had to leave the shower early because it was a scream-fest at home. Daddy J held out as long as he could, but there is just no soothing like mama...and my boob! *wink*

It was nice to have some kid-free time, but I must say I was not totally relaxed because I was worried about Baby B. Not that i did not have faith in Daddy J's skills, but she won;t take a bottle, nor pacifier. Sometimes we have good days with her, sometimes bad. Sometime she could hold out with just a variety of solid foods for a number of hours, sometimes she just wants to nurse....so quite unpredictable.

The shower was at Basil Leaf in Danville. they have a champagne brunch on weekends with made-to-order omelets, fresh belgium waffles, sausage, bacon, eggs benedict, fresh fruit, desserts, etc...oh and mimosas! YUM! I think they regularly serve Italian food there. I definitely want to go back and try that out, and maybe go for brunch again with Daddy J one of these days.

Look at the yummy cake - mango mousse!

I love preggo bellies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment