Saturday, June 6, 2009

Cream Cheese Lemon Bars


After having some yummy cream cheese lemon bars at a friend's house, I was craving more so I decided to make a batch. Baby C enjoyed helping me stir the cake mix and squeeze the lemons...then she got bored, and I was on my own...HAH!


I doubled the cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice in the recipe, so I thought it might have needed some extra bake time, but it did not. My batch turned out a bit overdone. Plus I used low fat cream cheese, so it was probably not as "solid" as it could be. Overall, still yummy, like little bites of lemon cheesecake. But it did not cure my lemon bar craving, so next time, I will make "real" lemon bars...that are more lemon-y...does that make sense? Any good lemon bar recipes out there?

Oh, and check out the new Bumbkins apron I got Baby C, I have a matching one and even bought a matching one for Baby B when she gets old enough! Yes, I am a cheeseball! =P

No comments:

Post a Comment