Saturday, July 10, 2010

Baby C @ Almost 4...

My first baby girl turns four in less than 2 weeks!  I know it's cliche, but time sure does fly.  First I can't believe I will be a mom of a four year old, and second, I can't believe we survived parenthood for 4 years!!!  Whew! It's been quite a ride!

Baby C has been flourishing @ preschool and @ all the activities she is participating in.  For the summer, her crazy schedule each week consists of 2 full days of preschool, gymnastics X2, soccer, karate X2, and a swim class.  We also did one week of wildlife camp @ Sulphur Creek, and will be doing one week of VBS at a local church with a "Finding Nemo" theme this year.

Sometimes I think I am overscheduling her, but she truly enjoys all her extra activities.  For example, we traded dance for soccer this summer, and she keeps on asking why we are not taing dance, and how much she misses it, etc.  During the wildlife camp week, she kept on asking about all her other activities she was missing because she was @ camp that week.  Honestly, I want her NOT like something so that we can cut it out of the schedule!  So far, no luck.

We are thinking of changing Baby C's preschool for her Pre-K year (coming up in Sept).  We want to switch her from a play based program to a Montessori program. I guess I am feeling the pressure of kindergarten and "real school", and I want her to be as prepared as possible. We already know that she has the social skills to survive in a school environment, now, I want to concentrate on the academics...i know sounds a bit hardcore...cuz afterall, she's only 4 for gosh sake!  But I feel like education is the one thing no one can take from you, and I want my kids to be well educated and successful...and it's never too early to start. =)

I am also busy planning Baby C's birthday party next weekend. ithis year's "Dinosaur Train" theme should be fun.  I don't really have many details, but hope to pull it all together this week!

Anyhoo, that's all I can think of for Baby C. I guess I might need to stop calling her "Baby C" soon, because she is def not a baby anymore...!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre



2 comments:

  1. they totally grow up too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should start her off with ballroom lessons!!!

    ReplyDelete