Thursday, July 1, 2010

Baby B @ 19 Months

Baby B growing up so darn fast!  Her verbal and motor skills are improving day by day.  In addition to signing a number of words, she can also say them too now.  I won't list them all, cuz frankly my brain is too fried, but there are very few times that we can't decipher what she wants.  Her comphrehension is excellent, she understands like 95% of what we are saying to her.  Whether she complies, that is another story...! =)

Speaking of wants, she is...how do I say...um, very passionate about her wants!  She is a very expressive little girl and a persistent lil bugger. Haha!  She definitely gets her way often.  Poor big sis even has to concede sometime, but we make it up to her in other "big girl" ways. =)

She is still a bit clingy, but in general pretty independent.  She is also getting better at solo-play, which is super helpful when I am trying to get stuff done...ahhh!

The sisterly "battles continue and I am still referee, but I am going to try to let them work it out by themselves more since B's verbal skills are improving, and her motor skills are getting better (so she can fight back).  But honestly, I don't know if it's because I've got two girls are what, but they can be so mentally draining.  Their "fights" start off mental, then can get physical...but I am sure it's not as bad as with boys. =)

B's night time sleep has improved. I try to get her in bed by 800-830 and she usually wakes by 700-730.  Daytime (short) naps continue to be in the car...sigh.  Bedtime routines are still all me because I am still nursing her, just at night.  She's lasting longer that Baby C did (@ 17 months), but I think that's cuz B has just been more clingy overall. 

Anyhoo, that's my update...or at least everything I can think of at the moment!  I'll try to do a Baby C update soon!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

2 comments:

  1. what a character! they do grow up too fast. i'm glad to have the 2 girls because i just can't keep up with my little nephew. he just does not want to sit down at all! like most of the boys we know. i have a feeling that E is also going to overstay her welcome with my body. here's to having a farewell send-off to the boppy soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...at first I did not believe there were that many differences in boys and girls...but DUDE...I am a believer now! I see some toddler boys bouncing off the walls and I am seriously scuuuured! =)

    ReplyDelete