Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Date with Dee

















Back to my SoCal Trip...sorry this is all out of order. Blogging about this trip is a bit time consuming, and you know...life happens!


The girls and I met up with my good friend DC and her daughter KL. I love it that she is also a foodie and of course brought us to good eats. Life is so hectic that we seriously have not sat down for a meal since Baby C was born!...actually even before that since they moved down to SoCal several years ago. Anyhoo, it was great catching up...as much as we could chat dining with 3 kiddies. =)

We met up in Irvine and hit 3 places in 3 hours...cuz dats how we roll!


We started at a ramen place called Ajisen. They had a cute little ramen girl in the front.


I ordered the "premium pork" ramen which had thin slices of pork. I dunno why they call it premium, but it was delicious! We also had some potato croquettes and gyoza as appetizers, although they came after our ramen arrived.


If Daddy J were with me, he would have ordered this. I actually found an Ajisen place in Fremont, so hopefully we'll get there soon to partake!


After we had ramen, we walked over to this place called B.B.Q. that serves yummy fried chicken. B.B.Q. actually stands for Best of the Best Quality, or something like that. It's Korean run and they fry their chicken and batter in olive oil. It was quite delish and had a unique flavor.


We then drove to Yogurtland at the Spectrum. My poor sister is so deprived of yummy yogurt because the only yogurt place they have in Anchorage is TCBY...and it's in the airport! ...so you need a boarding pass to partake! LOL!

We chowed down! (as you can see) They were having a promo with Tokidoki cups and spoons. Super cute stuff!...and yummy yogurt of course!


And to top the evening off, the girls played "Ring Around the Rosie" outside Yogurtland. So cute!

3 comments:

  1. I love Ajisen! I used to go to the ones in HK all the time and I even tried the one in Shanghai too. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to see you and the girls. Glad we got to spend some time at Disney and munching! Speaking of which, I've got some new places to enjoy the next time you visit! We also need to hit Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @TJ - We just tried the one in Fremont...yum!
    @Dee - Sounds like a plan Dee! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete