Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Baby C's Three Year Well Check Appointment


OK, so I am a bad mommy and forgot to make her appointment until the day of her birthday ( in July), so her appointment ended up in September! My little girl is growing up so fast! Here are her current stats:

Weight: 27 lbs, 9.6 oz (14%)
Height: 36 in (19%)
Blood Pressure: 86/57 (Whatever that means?? Just interesting because this was the first time they took her blood pressure!)

Baby C continues to hover at the bottom of the percentiles, but she is developing just fine! She is in preschool 2X/week. We started off with half days. but one day at pick up, she flat out refused to come home with me and wanted to stay for nap-time. At that time, she had dropped her nap for the past 6 months, so although it cost us a bit more, it was totally worth it because now, she will take a nap about 50% of the time, otherwise, she will have "quiet time" so she can rest a bit (and give me a break!).

Everyday, she never ceases to amaze me with her language skills and understanding of the world around her. She is a wonderful big sister to Baby B and her capacity to care for others is amazing. Here's an example of how she took care of one of her friends at school: One of her little friends, SP is quite shy, and was new to her preschool. Baby C helped her transition to this new environment by literally holding her hand and showing her around, making sure she was not lonely, etc. It was very cute and all the teachers were impressed with her behavior, which made me and Daddy J very proud!

I have also noticed that she gets a little emotional sometimes...like she will get upset if someone yells at her, will feel sorry if she did something wrong, and will even get upset if you do not accept her apology. I guess she is learning about controlling her feelings, etc.

Anyways, I know I sound like a broken record, but she is growing up so/too fast! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment